SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

New (to me) veggie: Water Spinach


Well, one of the good things about living in the belly button of the old USA is that we have AMAZING farmer's markets. Weekly I purchase my eggs, cheese, meat, fruits, and veggies from several local farmers-- most of the them are organic. This week I purchased water spinach from a Vietnamese farming family. Not only did thay have some interesting herbs, cucumbers, and roots, they had what they called "water spinach." I was told that water spinach can be used in stir-fries and in salads. It has long thin leaves and hallow stocks. I looked up it up on epicurious.com and they only had one measely and boring recipe. However a google search led me to several tastey Vietnamese dishes. Last night, Zac and I made a tastey stir-fry with with tomatoes.

Be on the look out for this mild green that is so much more than regular spinich!

2 Comments:

  • This is very exciting! If i find it in Columbus, I will report to all.

    By Blogger jason, at 1:39 PM  

  • i heart missouri.
    what do you think of clover's?

    By Blogger abby, at 8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home