SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Whole Foods: Everything I Hoped And More

I've taken a couple tours of the Whole Foods lately (on 161 near sawmill), and I'm impressed. Here are some highlights:
1) Glorious Fresh Organic Figs
2) Over 15 different kinds of loose organic eggs (you thought the eggs at northstar were delicious...try these; and the egg carrying baskets are sooo cute).
3) A ridiculously impressive spread of mushrooms (I recommend the lion's mane, lobster, blue oyster, and hedgehog)
4) Fresh roasted nuts (including curried almond and butterscotch walnut)
5) A huge selection of interesting wines under 10 dollars.

Go there and be amazed.

And,the new Whole Foods is right next to a lovely Indian market (on 161) and the Trader Joe's (over on Sawmill) so don't forget to stop there too.

I will still be regularly shopping locally in the Sho No, but damn if the Whole Foods doesn't make me want to drive to the suburbs. And, that's saying something.

6 Comments:

  • Yes, I will add to the list of Whole Foods praises:

    gluten-free scones!

    triple cream goat brie!

    By Blogger Rita, at 12:12 AM  

  • I found it rather peculiar that they had so many pictures of local farmers and the benefits of using local produce on the walls, and yet I could not find a single produce item of local origin, with the exception of the the loose eggs (which are in the procude section).

    Although I will admit that their produce section is lovely to behold, and there is a very nice person behind the berry/grape/fig stand who will feed you samples and wrap your little crates of produce.

    By Blogger Lisa the Waitress, at 1:33 PM  

  • The fresh "roll" butter comes from wooster ohio, and is ridiculously tasty. And, I did see local corn and tomatoes last time I was there.

    That said, I do realize that Whole Foods is at least in part an elaborate marketing scheme to get lefties to pay a large corporation too much money for their food. And, it shouldn't be seen as a replacement for the farmer's market. But, well, I'm still a huge sucker for it. I mean it's just sooo big and pretty.

    By Blogger jason, at 2:15 PM  

  • I took a couple of snapshots with my cameraphone when P-funk and I went to the Whole Foods.

    go here

    and here.

    By Blogger iLLiaC, at 2:32 PM  

  • Greetings,

    I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



    I have several pages of my own,

    I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
    My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

    My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat

    By Blogger Thanks for you visit, at 12:45 AM  

  • I must admit...these days I'm underwhelmed by whole foods. Too much expense...not enough local. It's all farmer's markets and CSAs for me baby.

    By Blogger jason, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home