SeoBlog Blog Counter

Friday, October 14, 2005

A Visit to Two Casual But Nice-ish Restaurants

The first is the Happy Greek on High Street in the Short North. I went there for the first time last week. Gourmet food and lots of vegetarian options, and I enjoyed the yummy classic Greek trio of spanikopita, dolma, and baklava. The wait staff is soooo sexy, dressed all in black and ferociously friendly. The second restaurant is LuLu's on 5th Ave in Grandview. I went there for the first time tonight. The leopard print carpet matched the leopard print skirt of the hostess (who is the chef's wife). And, in a delightful coincidence, I was wearing leopard print shoes. We ate fried green tomatoes, peppers stuffed with goat cheese, and mudbugs. I'm not sure what mudbugs are but they come from the ocean and they tasted pretty good. I want to spend more time at Lulu's because I saw lots of middle-aged women dressed in loose-fitting clothes, and that makes me feel comfortable, although I myself do not wear loose-fitting clothes.

3 Comments:

  • P.S. I think the dinner entrees at both restaurants were in the $11 to $18 range.

    By Blogger Rita, at 1:17 AM  

  • i love lulus...next time, try the chocolate mousse. also, i think mudbugs may be crawfish, or, as we call them in Georgia, crawdads.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 6:05 PM  

  • Happy Greek rocks! Rumor has it that they are opening a branch in the south campus gateway center.

    By Blogger jason, at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home