SeoBlog Blog Counter

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Bodega

There's a new restaurant/coffee shop/bar in the Sho'No' (as Jason cleverly calls the Short North). It's called Bodega, and for anyone who hasn't already been, I would encourage you to go. It's got a neat little menu, mostly panini sandwiches, but more importantly, it's got excellant coffee. I might venture to say they pull the best shot of espresso on High Street...but then again, I might not...okay, in my humble opinion, their coffee is pretty damn good! There. Also, nicely, they source most of their ingrediants from local vendors...which is always a good thing. In fact, I would recommend to all cheese-o-philes out there that they sample the cheese plate, lovingly put together by the curmudgeonly owner of "Curds and Whey" of North Market fame. They've also got a great beer and wine selection and the staff is awesome. At any rate, this is a great place to go if you're ready for a nice change of pace from the usual suspects on High.

3 Comments:

  • Haven't had the food yet, but I do LOVE the decor at Bodega. We went with Jason a couple weeks ago for the first time (I hadn't been before because I thought it was actually a bodega...and I didn't need any groceries). Anyway, the area behind the bar is especially cool - it's just lots and lots of 2X4s, stacked all the way to the ceiling. Very modern.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 10:11 PM  

  • i highly recommend the nutella sandwich if you're in a dessert mood. yum.

    By Blogger dirtgirl, at 8:36 PM  

  • Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't tried the coffee yet! While the panini's looked passe, I had the sense that the cheese plate was good. Now I know why :).

    By Blogger jason, at 2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home