SeoBlog Blog Counter

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Buying local produce...beyond saturday morning

I have made it my resolution not to eat any non-local produce this summer. (And, I'm eating so well because of it!) But, I do have the challenge that sometimes my saturday CSA and farmer's market shopping just doesn't last me the week. Ashley too has been having this difficulty.

So here are some places you can buy local beyond Saturday:

1) North Market Produce Stand (a little pricey but they do usually feature local organic)
2) Pearl Alley Farmer's Market (Tuesday and Friday, 10:30-2:00)
3) Rifes

Any more places I don't know about? Let me know...

5 Comments:

  • Cool. I usually realize far too late on Saturdays that I missed my big chance.

    Does the Pearl Alley market ever have produce? I went a couple weeks ago and all I saw were crafts, bakeries and local restaurants. No veggies at all.

    By Blogger dirtgirl, at 8:59 PM  

  • On my side of town, there's also Carfagna's (on 161 near Karl). For the non-veg audience, they also have a great butcher shop. It's THE place to be on Saturday morning if you're a saucy little grandma.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 10:05 AM  

  • Also, Flanagan's Farm Market occupies what I think is an old gas station on 161 in Worthington (next to Cameron's). We've picked up some good stuff there in past summers ... including some really good peaches and heirloom tomatoes.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 12:14 PM  

  • I have never been to pearl alley. Only heard good things about produce there (especially later in summer). I'm planning on going this tuesday and then I'll report back..

    By Blogger jason, at 1:21 PM  

  • I did indeed go to Pearl Alley Farmer's market this tuesday. It was mostly baked goods and crafts, but there were three different farmers there. I picked up some zuchinni and cabbage. They also had some very good looking strawberries and some peas that had passed their prime.

    By Blogger jason, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home