SeoBlog Blog Counter

Saturday, June 24, 2006

The weekly haul



This week in our bag we found lettuce, garlic scapes, Haikuri turnips, swiss chard, and yet more kale! The Sippels seem to be issuing an unofficial Kale Challenge to us all. I plan on trying something new: Turkey Kale Tacos. Expect a full report.



In other news, we decided we could no longer claim coffee snob status without owning a real live burr grinder. It's big, pretty and extremely LOUD. Just what I need first thing in the morning...

3 Comments:

  • That coffee grinder looks fantastic. The word on the street is that Palmeri has a new coffee set-up too.

    By Blogger abby, at 9:41 PM  

  • isn't kale fairly interchangable with chard? If so, I've been very happy with a pasta recipe I got from Food Network (I know, of all places, but it was really good). I used half a bag of Trader Joe's "chard of many colors" successfully, but I'd think kale would work too. It's sorta mediterranean and pretty quick to throw together.

    that's a cool grinder.

    By Blogger dirtgirl, at 5:04 PM  

  • Nice GRINDER!!! I'm jealous! You know that I've put off buying my own grinder for years. Now maybe I won't have to since I'm about to be co-owner of a grinder.

    And I can't wait to see what you do with all that kale!

    By Anonymous Leah, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home