SeoBlog Blog Counter

Sunday, July 09, 2006

A summer without Jeni's

Dear All,
Last week I had the most intense craving for Jeni's ice cream! I tried to soothe that craving by going to a local creamery here, but it just wasn't the same. In my moment of weakness I looked up her latest list of concoctions: http://www.jenisicecreams.com/index_elements/0201_store/flavors.html. I was most intrigued by her candied beet and mascarpone honey ice cream. Has anybody tried it?

I thought that perhaps I might convince Zac that we needed to order some but he reminded me of our new budget--sigh.... But I showed this list to a fellow foodie in my office and we decided to host an ice cream party and ask about 15 people to pitch in to order. Sadly, I only received one excited "absolutely," one "that is just too expensive for ice cream," and no other responses. I just don't understand what happens to folks when they spend too much time in the midwest!

Missing C-bus!

-A Dingo did not eat your baby or your ice cream

1 Comments:

  • I can vouch for the beet and marscapone. It's delicious! And it's the most beautiful color too. Sadly, for me, though I can't seem to stop ordering the salty caramel and the sugared coffee in order to branch out more extensively into the exotic flavors.

    If you're ever back for a visit, check out the Grandview location where they serve sundaes with homemade whipped cream and a braised cherry on top. Mmmm mmmm!

    By Blogger duchessdoright, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home