SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Just goes to show...you never can tell.

Whenever I visit my parents in central Missouri my mom and I inevitably plan a day for shopping, which is just silly because we both become exhausted from shopping within the first twenty or so minutes of hitting the shops. We're just not shoppers. For us, "shopping," is simply an excuse to spend a few uninterrupted hours in the car for conversation, sandwiched between sharing breakfast and lunch "out." During this trip my mom took me to a new-to-me lunch destination, Breadeaux Pisa in Boonville. I was surprisingly delighted by their pizza (we had the garden minus mushrooms, which I suspected to not be fresh), topped with very fresh veg, delicious sauce, and a fabulous crust (I like crust that tastes like good homemade bread and isn't too thick). For the record, I have never had pizza that claimed to be "French Style" so I can't judge that characterization.














Not only was the pizza quite tasty but they make their own gelato. Yes, I seriously asked, "Do you make this here? Yourself? From scratch?" It was true! You can imagine my delight, as the gelato was not only homemade and flavored naturally* but it was cooled in an Italian gelato cooler, just like in the old country. True, they don't have an overabundance of flavors, but that's just fine by me. It's mid-Missouri after all, people. I had stracciatella and my mom had chocolate. Both were delicious. I can't say it was as amazing as the creamy goodness you'll find in Italia, but it was quite a treat. I'll definitely be back, I can tell you that much. I never would have expected to find great pizza and homemade gelato just off interstate 70 in the middle of Missouri.


















*I know I've mentioned this here before but it's so important it bears repeating. In order to tell whether a gelateria uses natural ingredients, check out the banana gelato. If it's bright yellow, it's not natural...and neither are the other flavors, it's safe to assume.

3 Comments:

  • Boonville? Really?

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 7:10 PM  

  • let's go!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 2:11 PM  

  • really!
    let's all go.
    i know nothing else about boonville, for the record. although i did play a volleyball game there in high school, i think...and maybe did something with band. hmm.

    By Blogger abby, at 10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home