SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

nostalgico
















So, summer is seriously upon us and along with the growing number of blooming pots on my deck, the idyllic surroundings of my finally-abandoned-by-the-undergrads college town, and evening gin and tonics, I have been feeling rather nostalgic for Italy. Recently I've experienced a lot of moments of disbelief that I spent seven weeks in Firenze last summer, including trips to Roma, Cinque Terre, Venezia, Assisi, and a few other daytrips. One way to satiate the longing for Toscana is to cook, of course. Using the simple flavors of delicious olive oil, lemon, tomato, and good cheese, I made Rotini with Salsa di Limone, which I highly recommend. It's the perfect simple summer dinner, especially alongside a simple green salad. I suggest a bellini afterwards.
(Note my new Copco enameled stockpot, originally from Denmark, which came to me via Goodwill. That makes the count of thrifted enameled cast iron four: three Le Creuset and one Copco.)

2 Comments:

  • WHAAAAAAT? I'm off to Goodwill.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 5:43 PM  

  • i know! i always say ohio has the best thrift of any state i've lived in. to be fair, the copco one ($8) came courtesy www.shopgoodwill.com, which i highly recommend. the only caution i have to mention is to estimate shipping (an option you can click on) before bidding on something because in certain cases it can make something not-so-cheap. happy thrifting!

    By Blogger abby, at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home