SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Summer Drink Alert!

I know that the summer is almost over, but I was recently introduced to a new summer drink at a private, outdoor screening of The Muppet Movie. It's known as "Summer Beer".

Fill a glass with about 3/4 of an unfiltered wheat beer. Boulevard's Wheat works the best, but I'm sure any good wheat micro will do. (However, I would not waste Bell's Oberon on such a drink.) Then, almost fill the glass with lemonade. The guy who introduced me to the drink used lemonade from one of those frozen concentrate things which has to be better than the sugary packet mix. Top it off with a shot of vodka. Again, I wouldn't waste the good vodka for this drink. Finally, stir and serve. Ahhhhhhh. Refreshing.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • boulevard's wheat is one of my favorite beers and my dad just brought me four six-packs, which we drank half of by a lake in minnesota this past week. the other two packs came home with me to ohio. yum.

    have you and r ever eaten at minsky's on main in kc? i recommend consuming pitchers of wheat there, with pretty much anything on the menu. (do not go to the other minsky's locations, by the way. only main!) go to middle class values down the street first and then to mike's on troost afterwards, which is my favorite dive bar. it would be like a mini tour of abby :).

    By Blogger abby, at 12:51 PM  

  • Growing up in Wisconsin, this particular mixture was called the Hop, Skip and Go Naked. It is truly a refreshing summer drink.

    By Anonymous Melissa, at 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home