SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Scenes of a Dinner Party

As Abby mentioned in her last post, I have now thrown my first official Oxford Dinner Party, featuring produce from the Oxford Farmers Market and spices, sauces, chutneys, beers, and chapatis from the Jungle Jims. Celebrating the abudant produce of August, I made a trio of curries: Bhindi Masala (Okra and Heirloom Tomatoes); Tamarind Curry with Chickpeas and Heirloom Eggplant; Massaman Curry with new potatoes, onions, and cauliflower. The three curries were accompanied by chutneys (coriander; mint; coconut) and chapatis. We also had some lovely Beer, including Bells Oberon and Brasserie de Rocs (a woman-brewed, belgian ale on tap at the surly girl saloon in c-bus). Abby contributed a rockin mango lassi

Below are a few pictures Abby took of the meal; soon, I'll be getting my own digital camera so you can expect much more farmer's market and cooking blogging ahead.







4 Comments:

  • "Next time I'm wearing elastic waist pants." --Abby, uttered post meal.

    It was so delicious, people. Thank you, Jason! You're the best.

    By Blogger abby, at 9:03 AM  

  • It looked good...and the place looked very tidy and hip. Well done, Jason!

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 5:06 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:42 AM  

  • You hired someone to clean your place! I am so jealous. When can we come down and see you? I weeped quietly the whole time I was watching Top Chef last night...and not just because of Padma's outfit. Becasue YOU WEREN'T THERE!!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home