SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Try this: Chocolate Zucchini Cake


















So, right about now is the time when I start seeing baskets of zucchini show up en masse in my office break room, with desperate sounding little sticky notes attached, containing pleas for help in consuming the squash windfall that is early August.

I myself have been in this situation. Too much of a good thing is still too much, and you can only eat so many fritters, bread, casseroles, etc. This recipe is the richest, moistest, chocolatey-ist solution to this problem, and I can't believe I didn't try it sooner. It is truly delicious. Plus it gave me an opportunity to use this adorable sunflower cake pan, a recent gift from my lil' bro.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake, via Simply Recipes (the version above), or the version from the blog with the same name (and one of our favorites).

The version we made has lots of orange zest, which tasted so summery and perfect. This one is going into heavy rotation for sure.

Happy baking!!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • omg, that looks delicious.

    By Anonymous Leah, at 4:46 PM  

  • Oh my gosh, that looks amazing. What a gorgeous bundt pan! So glad you liked the recipe.

    By Blogger Elise, at 2:15 AM  

  • Off to the farmer's market to buy some zucchini.... then to the grocery for some cocoa! I will let you know how it turns out!

    By Blogger The Dingo (did not eat your baby), at 9:01 AM  

  • It turned out fine, and I don't usually like bits of vegetables in my desserts.

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 11:36 AM  

  • wait...you mean there were veggies in that cake???? Really??

    Seriously, the cake was very, very delicious.

    By Blogger Idle Crank, at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home