SeoBlog Blog Counter

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stuff Ben and Ashley Should Consider Consuming When They Visit Misery

(In no particular order...)

1. Booches - Greatest burgers you've never eaten. This is what God would want White Castle burgers to taste like. They're cooked on a 100-year-old grill and served on wax paper. Washing down with a Boulevard Wheat or Pale Ale is preferred.

2. Flat Branch Beer - The food at this brewery is not that great, but the beer is decent. I particularly like the KT Trail Pale Ale (although, it's no Columbus PA). We can even take a growler home, if it pleases our guests.

3. Chartruese - I recently stumbled upon the Blue Fugue and figured that Ben and Ashley would love this place. The Fugue features a mysterious shot of happy called the Chartreuse that's spiced by some French monks.

4. BBQ - There are plenty of places to get some BBQ in Misery. My local favorite is the Buckingham. Smoked, dry-rubbed meat is their speciality, but I love me some smoked sweet potato.

5. Thai by the River - Down by the muddy banks of the mighty Missouri, there's a little stand that serves fresh doses of the most authentic Thai in COMO (which actually isn't saying much). Cooper's Landing is at the end of a long dirt road that features its own Thai kitchen and beers by the bottle.

6. Ragtag - Although the Ragtag isn't known for its food, the flicks are good and indie. I do enjoy sucking on a spicy dog and sipping a Bells during the intermission while the Ragtag staff change the movie reel. If we're lucky, we might get to see this guy sing old-timey before the showing.

There's more to our new home than these six highlights, but I thought everyone would want to know what their missing this weekend.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

  • Have you and R gone to the 63 Diner?

    Also, you can't beat Arthur Bryant's bbq in KC, in my humble former-meat-eating opinion.

    By Blogger abby, at 8:40 PM  

  • i can't wait!!! I am not particularly proud of this, but I once gained 12 pounds in two weeks...during our BBQ, fried chicken and whiskey tour of the south. I am not afraid to make a run at that record...

    By Blogger Ashley, at 10:57 PM  

  • Yes. I should have included the myriad of diners, esp 63.

    Records are made to be broken...

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 9:01 AM  

  • I'm hoping Ashley and Ben will post up a slide show of their eating adventures in COMO.

    By Blogger idlecrank, at 12:40 PM  

  • Breakfast burritos at Main Squeeze, I'm outta date, but it's a hangover cure and this food tour is giving me flashbacks.

    By Blogger Lovey, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home