SeoBlog Blog Counter

Monday, October 29, 2007

A plea for help!

Yesterday Ben and I went to Lynd Fruit Farm and picked ourselves LOADS of the most delicious Rome apples I've ever tasted. This was my first ever apple-picking adventure, and I've learned two important lessons:

  • Climbing a tree at 32 is a different experience from climbing one at 12, and


  • 16 pounds of apples is just a ridiculous amount of fruit. Seriously.

  • Between us we've already eaten 4 out of hand, and 7 more went into the Joy of Cooking's lovely Apple Crisp. I've set aside 8 lbs. for jelly, and we're still left with ... well, let's just say

    A Great Many Apples.

    Which brings me to my plea for help...



    I know there are some good apple recipes rattling around in your noggins ... could you toss some my way?

    5 Comments:

    • Apple Upside-down Biscuit Cake

      http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/103822

      Ignore the "biscuit" misnomer. It's more like a spice cake.

      -Sarah Jones :)

      By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:47 AM  

    • Thanks, Sarah! That looks really good...and the slight element of danger involved in turning it out of the pan makes me want it even more!

      By Blogger Ashley, at 5:40 PM  

    • maybe a galette? or applesauce, if you're so inclined? do you have a dehydrator? my mama dries trays of apples every year. they are delicious.

      By Blogger abby, at 11:03 PM  

    • also, this looks yum:
      http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/107429

      By Blogger abby, at 11:06 PM  

    • Hard Apple Cider!!!!

      Clean everything.

      Juice

      Add juice to yeast

      Let sit.

      Decant.

      Bottle.

      2 weeks.

      Drink.

      Hells yeah.

      By Blogger Lovey, at 10:26 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home