SeoBlog Blog Counter

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Best Breakfast Burrito

Before you even read this post, you knew that I would talk about the burrito at North Star. Of course, you also know that we don't live anywhere near a North Star these days, which is just sad. Additionally, if you read my mom's day post, you'd know that I attempted to recreate said burrito for R.

There are no pictures (of my burrito) because R ate the burrito so fast. (Full disclosure: I insisted that she eat it before it got cold and forgot to take a picture.) So, you'll have to picture it in your head...or go down to North Star and buy the real thing.

Below is my estimation of what goes into the AM burrito at NS. If any of you have any suggestions or notice something I've forgotten, please feel free to supplement.

  1. Boil water to both remove peels from tomatoes and to cook cubed sweet potatoes.
  2. After removing tomato peels, squeeze out all the seeds and toss the tomatoes into a food processor with some cilantro, garlic, onions, salt, and apple cider vinegar. Process to make salsa.
  3. Cook some onion and/or garlic in olive oil until tender and add a can of black beans. Cook until steaming.
  4. You could roast your own red peppers on a grill or gas stove (propped up with a fork). I opted for some roasted red peppers in a jar.
  5. Fry an egg, the more organic the better.
  6. As far as cheese goes, I used some organic white cheddar (extra sharp), but I think a smoked Gruyère would be even better. The cheese should be shredded.
  7. Sprinkle some cheese on the tortilla. I used whole-wheat tortillas today, but next time I will use sandwich wraps. They are bigger and stretch over the food better, allowing for more stuff inside.
  8. On top of the cheese, pour on the beans, peppers, sweet potatoes, and chopped cilantro before topping it off with the egg.
  9. Fold the burrito the best you can. The whole wheat tortillas don't fold so well. That's why I suggested the wraps.
  10. Either dump some of the salsa onto the burrito or put some aside for dipping.
Image taken from Breakfast with Nick.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • is R going to write a review?

    By Blogger abby, at 3:54 PM  

  • R should have...but probably won't. She always uses the preggers excuse or the fact she write a book. Whatever!

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home