SeoBlog Blog Counter

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Still Here

Just thought I'd let you all know that we are still here in Misery.

Also, I wanted to start a discussion on Thanksgiving. I know that several of you are planning on attending the whatever annual Native American genocide day or whatever we're calling it now. Maybe we could all post ideas for food items, recipes, and drinks for this little shindig.

We will smoke a turkey as is our usual contribution. I will also provide my sweet potato casserole (which we actually had tonight for dinner). I'm sure there will be more to add to the menu as the event draws nearer.

As far as the drinks, I have a start on that already. I have been aging some special beers from Schlafly Brewing out of STL. They made a limited edition Stout (brewed in bourbon barrels) and barley wine that actually improve with age. Also, I'm sure there will be some bourbon and scotch floating around the Dingo-Early household come November.

So, start posting menu ideas and recipes for the big event. Even if you are not able to attend, I'd like to hear what people are planning for the second-best meal of the year. (R's Polish feasts on Christmas Eve are decadent.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I would love to contribute my mom's famous southern cornbread dressing. I love it dearly and it reminds me a lot of home and family and generally gives me the warm fuzzies. ;)

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:32 PM  

  • looking forward to it: bird, beer, and baby!

    By Blogger iLLiaC, at 3:41 PM  

  • Ashley, you should publish the recipe here on the DV blog.

    Illiac, I'm hoping that is not a recipe.

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home