SeoBlog Blog Counter

Monday, May 11, 2009

Ahhh, Rhubarb. We meet again.


















Yet another fantastic recipe from Simply Recipes - this time, a wonderfully easy and tasty rhubarb sorbet from guest contributor Garrett McCord (of Vanilla Garlic).


















My only alteration was to add a few drops of food coloring to the finished puree (since my rhubarb was mostly of the green variety), to get that sweet pink color. Next time I think I'll reduce the sugar by 1/2 cup or so to try to retain a bit more of the rhubarb's tart flavor, but this is really good as is, and the recipe makes a generous amount.

Also worth noting - I used a stick blender right in the pan, rather than the method mentioned in the original recipe. It worked great.

So, when you get tired of all those pies and crumbles ... try this. It's a keeper.

1 Comments:

  • Yummy! Seems like it would taste really refreshing.

    I want to try this peach ice cream recipe later this week. I'll report back. It's from the River Cottage Cookbook.

    Cheaty Peach Ice Cream (130)

    1 large can (about 26 oz.) peaches in syrup
    2 cups heavy cream

    Empty the contents of the can into a blender and blend until smooth. Stir in the cream. Pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Yes, it’s that easy.

    By Blogger abby, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home