SeoBlog Blog Counter

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

books for foodies: got a recommendation?

Friends,

To declare the completely obvious, I love foodie-ish books. In the spring I read Molly's book A Homemade Life. Earlier this summer I breezed through Ruth Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires and 2008's Best Food Writing. I'm looking for more. Do you have an suggestions, foodie books you've loved beyond the super popular titles (like the important work of Michael Pollan or Animal, Vegetable, Miracle)?

Libation: A Bitter Alchemy caught my eye today. What else do you have for me?

4 Comments:

  • Botany of Desire is an older Michael Pollan title, but well worth reading if you haven't already. I'm also really enjoying United States of Arugula for a 20th Century history of foodies in America.

    By Blogger Terra, at 7:17 AM  

  • I have read BoD and I loved it. Thanks for the tip on USoA! I'm going to check it out.

    By Blogger abby, at 12:39 PM  

  • Hey Abby, I read My Life In France last summer and enjoyed it. It would be a good read before Julie and Julia comes out, if you haven't already!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 8:39 PM  

  • ooh, good idea!

    By Blogger abby, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home