SeoBlog Blog Counter

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Pad Thai Restaurant: A Cut Above the Rest

Ever since I've been in Columbus, I've been on the hunt for really good Thai food. Although I've been to a lot of places, I mostly have just resorted to making my own.

Last night, Lisa Ann and I checked out "Pad Thai" restaurant in the "McThai Shopping Center" at 3589 Refugee Road. (This coincidentally is only a 1/2 mile down the same road as Bangkok Grocery, Columbus' only specialty Thai Market).

At Pad Thai restaurant, we shared two dishes: the pad ped gapow (pad ped krapow) and the massaman curry. The Pad Ped Gapow, stir-fried vegetables and tofu in a brown sauce with spicy thai basil, was exceptional. The very spongy fried tofu soaked up the spicy, yet complex sauce. A lovely mixed of greens, beansprouts, tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions complemented each other nicely. All around a delight. The massaman curry--a reddish yellow curry with potatoes, peanuts, tofu, and assorted vegetables--was quite different than the version at my favorite place in Florida, but it was definitely good. It had a subtle sweet flavor of cinnamon and cardamom. If the sauce/broth had been a little thicker and the potatoes cut smaller and cooked longer, I would have been in heaven.

It's worth mentioning that Pad Thai restaurant is inexpensive--about 6 - 7 dollars an entree--and that it offers lovely Thai pop background music.

So, in the end, my search for the perfect Thai Restaurant in Columbus is not over. But, I will throw down for Pad Thai being well worth seeking out--truly a cut above. I just wish they were located in the Sho No or campus strip.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my italian restaurant new york related site. It pretty much covers italian restaurant new york stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.

    By Blogger tom naka, at 12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home