SeoBlog Blog Counter

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love Unlimited

Ben and I usually don't make a big deal out of V-day, but then again, I never pass up an opportunity to express my love for others in chocolate form.

So, yesterday I decided to try the Dark Chocolate Mousse recipe from the most recent issue of Cook's Illustrated*. I'm happy to say it was a success and surprisingly easy. Really!



Probability that recipient of mousse will want
to make sweet love to you immediately: 99%

I was a little nervous that my lack of experience in the whipping/folding/tempering arts would prove disastrous, but as I said, it was truly easy. And quick. The quality of the ingredients is what makes it sooo good - bittersweet chocolate, heavy cream and Dutch-process cocoa powder, to name a few. Sounds a little...heavy..., I know, but it's actually a lot lighter and less stomach-churningly rich than a lot of mousse recipes out there that incorporate butter and lots of eggs yolks.

So, try it - now that I have my mousse legs, there will be many more to come.

*It's a long recipe, so I didn't feel like typing it all out here. You'll have to sign up for the free trial to access the recipe, (or ask me and I'll email it to you). Or, why don't you just sign up for a year of Cook's? It's fantastically awesome, anyway.

1 Comments:

  • despite a dull, heavy ache in my left arm, i've already eaten 3 or 4 cups of the stuff. huzzah!

    By Blogger iLLiaC, at 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home