SeoBlog Blog Counter

Monday, July 17, 2006

Chorizo + Potatoes + Zucchini Roast



I wish I were a better food photographer...

Anyway, this was good, quick and easy:

  • 3/4 lb. chorizo (3 links), sliced

  • 5-6 small yukon gold potatoes, sliced thin

  • 5-6 small blue potatoes, sliced thin

  • 1 small zucchini, sliced thin

  • olive oil

  • salt & pepper

  • fresh, minced rosemary


Fry chorizo in medium skillet until browned and fully cooked. Drain and set aside. Toss potatoes and zucchini in olive oil, or a little of the reserved fat from the chorizo, or both. Add salt, pepper, and rosemary. Roast in 375 degree oven 20-ish minutes, or until potatoes are barely tender. Add chorizo to reheat (about 5 more minutes).

Eat. Repeat.

7 Comments:

  • Wow Ashley! This sounds like the perfect recipe for a lot of things I have either in my garden or I have been purchasing at the Farmer's Market back in Columbia (we are still in Hawaii). I will definately try this when I get back.

    By Blogger The Dingo (did not eat your baby), at 2:48 PM  

  • I am anxious to try this recipe but wondered if the potatoes are to be peeled?

    By Anonymous glittermom, at 11:04 AM  

  • I am planning to make this tomorrow for dinner and I am curious if two kinds of potatoes are necessary. I only purchased blue ones from the market. I also have zucchini coming out of my ears and so I might double the zuc!

    By Blogger The Dingo (did not eat your baby), at 6:50 PM  

  • if anyone can think of a suitable vegetarian substitute for the chorizo, let me know. i've been racking my brain unsuccessfully.

    By Blogger duchessdoright, at 8:10 PM  

  • you don't have to peel the potatoes, although i don't much like the peels on the blue potatoes, because they seem a little tougher than others. But that's probably just me.

    As far as a substitue for the chorizo...tempeh? Seems like it would have the right texture. They sell some yummy marinated tempeh at Trader Joe's.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:51 PM  

  • OK, so I'm sorry I didn't see your comment earlier, Rebecca. I assume you've already discovered that you can use whatever potatoes (or anything else for that matter) that you have on hand. I will say, however, that different types of potatoes cook at different rates, so just watch that if you cook them all together. And I'd skip using Russets in this recipe - anything small and waxy would be best.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:55 PM  

  • Tempeh! Good thinking. I will check out the Planet Organic (since Trader Joe's doesn't exist in my neck of the woods.) Thanks Ashely!

    By Blogger duchessdoright, at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home