SeoBlog Blog Counter

Monday, November 26, 2007

Genocide Celebration Pictures

Here are a few pics from our Genocide Celebration...
Scenes from the Waffle House...
R made a phone call to J to make our meal at the WH feel "traditional".
The only thing we smoked was the turkey...and some short ribs...and a neck or two.
Here's the spread. Besides the turkey and short ribs, we enjoyed sweet potatoes, roasted root vegetables, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls (not throwed), goat cheese and squash turnovers, butter-pecan Brussels sprouts, and a delicious squash soup. (Plus some beer.)Here was my attempt to eat with Jack. It's hard to tell, but Jack discovered that the starch from mashed potatoes makes an excellent styling jell.Finally, there were no more than four options for dessert! There was the apple pie, sweet potato pie (Bodhi's favorite) with bourbon whipped cream, cheese pie, and chocolate ice cream. It was more than I could handle. We pretty much wore pajamas the rest of the weekend.
Of course, none of this meal would have been possible without the many contributions by our friends J & J (R's colleagues in Rhet/Comp) who brought the beer, rolls, soup, turnovers, ice cream, and their best creation, Vered. S & J brought Jack, green bean casserole, pies, some cheese, and mashed potatoes.

It was strange not having many of you with us for this edition of the Genocide Celebration, but the company and food we did have helped make this a successful fourth Thursday of November.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • And btw, my roasted root veggies are NOT as good as J's. Mine were a little mushy and not so caramelized. J, I guess you do have to come next year and show me the right way to make this dish. And oh, I have mastered the bourbon spiked cranberry sauce-- which I forgot to put out on T-day but I have been enjoying since then.

    By Blogger The Dingo (did not eat your baby), at 8:53 AM  

  • I'm sooo there next year. I am committing as of this date :).

    By Blogger jason, at 1:56 PM  

  • I'm sooo there next year. I am committing as of this date :).

    By Blogger jason, at 1:56 PM  

  • me too! i miss you guys, and your smoker!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 7:36 PM  

  • BTW, those turkey necks look redonkulous.

    By Blogger Ashley, at 3:04 PM  

  • That food looks sooo downright tasty!

    By Blogger Dr Zibbs, at 12:14 PM  

  • That turkey looks incredible. Nice job.

    By Blogger Dave, at 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home