SeoBlog Blog Counter

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Jeni, girl... you know I still love you. But...

Meet the most perfect frozen yogurt on earth*



















Recipe from David Lebovitz, via 101 Cookbooks:

3 C Greek-style yogurt (I used half 0% fat and half 2% fat)
3/4 C Sugar

Optional:
1 t vanilla extract, or
zest of 1 lemon

Mix all ingredients together until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate one hour. Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.

I used my new (well..from eBay) Donvier hand-crank model, which worked perfectly and was hardly any work at all (not like the one you remember dragging out in the back yard ...and cranking and cranking and cranking... when you were a kid).

Makes 1 quart.

*I misread the label and thought I was buying full-fat instead of 0% fat. I am happy to say it turned out great anyway, although I can only assume the full fat version would've been insanely good...and slightly more perfect.

3 Comments:

  • YUM! I love Greek yogurt so I can only imagine how delicious this could be. Yay, Jeff!

    By Blogger abby, at 5:48 PM  

  • After freezing this conconction for a couple hours, then trying to dig in, I realized the importance of using full-fat yogurt. The lowfat stuff freezes solid as a rock (but is still quite yummy).

    So, my advice is this: if you want to make it lowfat, make it when you plan to eat it all in one sitting (and not long after making it). If you want to put away leftovers and come back for more later, the consistency suffers less with more fat content.

    Yay science!

    By Blogger Ashley, at 10:49 PM  

  • If it uses Greek yogurt, it must be good!

    By Blogger comoprozac, at 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home