SeoBlog Blog Counter

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Summer Wraps

Today, I popped into the north market to get some produce to tide me over until Saturday. They had ripe avocados (on sale for 99 cents each) and local organic turnips. When I got home I realized that I still had some chili flour tortillas (from the joes). So, I mashed up an avocado, chopped a couple turnips into bite-sized pieces, and layered them in the tortilla with some piri piri hot sauce and kosher salt. The crunchy texture and tangy flavor of the turnip perfectly complemented the smooth mildness of the avocado. It's starting to feel (and taste) a lot like summer in these here parts.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds good. I just love avocado. At C&W, they ordered wraps one day for lunch and the chicken salad and tuna salad both had avocado with it. I was surprised by the combination, but they were really tasty.

    By Anonymous Marcia, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home