SeoBlog Blog Counter

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Whole Foods is (Almost) Dead to Me

When the Whole Foods opened in Columbus, I declared it "everything I hope and more." Yet, as time goes on, I'm really less impressed. They don't have nearly as much local produce as one would hope, and their prices are astronomical. I haven't been out to the Whole Foods in a few months, and I don't intend to go back anytime soon.

I'll get all my produce from my CSA, farmer's markets, or Rifes. I'll get all my non-produce staples from the oh-so-cheap Trader Joe's and the various "ethnic" markets around town. And, I can get my nutritional yeast from the Clintonville Coop.

Of course, I talk big now, but I suspect I'll hear the siren song of the Whole Foods sometime around January when I'm starved for interesting produce (sea beans, hedgehog mushrooms etc) and there ain't nothing local to be found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home