Jason's Hummus Recipe
--two cans o' garbanzos
--couple of scoops of tahini
--generous olive oil
--pinch of cumin
--couple dollops of crushed garlic (the stuff in the jar or the fresh stuff sauteed for 30 seconds) juice o' half of lemon (elminate from some speciality hummae) blend it all together in a food processor. Add a pinch of water if it is too thick. Serve with good pita from north market or aladdins.
A few Variations:
1) Replace one can chickpeas with black beans. Add more cumin, cilantro, and hot pepper.
2) Blend in fresh basil...kick up the olive oil.
3) Blend in roasted red peppers...kick up the garlic (jarred ones work fine...wash well)
4) Blend in pitted calamata olives with a pinch of juice.
5) Replace one can chickpeas with avocado, replace lemon with lime, add some cilantro, cumin, and hotspice.